Login to Complete or Review Submissions
Thank you for your interest in applying for the MSSA Director of Membership and Marketing position. Please login or create an account to submit your application. If you need submission system assistance, please contact Beth at email@example.com.
Director of Membership and Marketing Job Description
Status: Full time, Salaried, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
Hours and Travel: This position generally requires 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday. MSSA staff work in a hybrid environment, with both remote and in-person work (based at MSSA’s office, located in St. Paul). This position requires occasional travel within Minnesota (approximately 5-10%).
Compensation and Benefits: $48,480-$72,720 is the salary range for this position, dependent on qualifications and experience. MSSA offers a comprehensive benefits package including Paid Time Off (160 hours first year, which can be used as it is accrued), Health/Dental and Life insurance, 403(b) plan, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability.
The Minnesota Social Service Association (MSSA) is a nonprofit membership organization representing over 3,800 health and human service professionals across Minnesota. MSSA supports the health and human service field through education, advocacy, and member benefits. MSSA is committed to our core values of social responsibility, equity, and inclusion. For more information, visit us at www.mnssa.org.
The Director of Membership and Marketing has primary responsibility for the association’s marketing and communications efforts as well as membership services. This position oversees all aspects of MSSA’s membership program, including recruitment and retention strategies, member benefits, and data management, as well as overall marketing and communications for the association. This position also manages MSSA’s sponsorship and advertising program.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive annual plan for member recruitment, retention, and reactivation, with measurable outcomes to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Utilize iMIS database to oversee and to track membership; including the accuracy of member records to ensure data integrity.
- Identify, research, and analyze membership trends to inform a response that translates into membership growth opportunities.
- Develop and implement programs and services to engage members.
- Provide support to initiatives to increase membership from populations that are missing or underrepresented in our membership.
- Build, develop, and maintain strategic relationships and partnerships both within and outside the association for sponsorship, exhibitor, and advertising opportunities.
- Provide outreach and support to regional chapters by responding to requests for support and attending regional meetings. (Some travel required.)
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans and communication strategies for the association; this includes advertising, promotions, press management, published communications, newsletters, social media, and other public-facing communication programs through a variety of media.
- Track and report communication analytics to take steps to improve the organization’s overall communication and marketing plans.
- Direct and design internal and external branding initiatives throughout the organization, including style and communication guides.
- Oversee the design, content, and management of the association’s website.
- Develop creative concepts and translate them into succinct and effective copy for email, web, and print .
- Recognize members’ accomplishments via social media and other media channels.
- Represent MSSA in professional organizations and at meetings and events as requested.
- Prepare annual membership and marketing budgets.
- Serve as the staff liaison to assigned committees.
- Assist with conferences and events as needed.
- Support the association’s strategic plan, goals, and objectives through additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven commitment to MSSA’s core values.
- Motivation to grow and to set and achieve ambitious goals.
- Ability to develop successful membership programs and initiatives.
- Ability to develop and implement successful marketing and communication strategies.
- Ability to effectively learn and utilize technology, including web and mobile platforms, e-mail marketing systems, social media, association management software, Adobe Creative Suite, and other membership-based communication technology. Previous experience using iMIS is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build meaningful professional relationships.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively work both individually and in a small-staff, team environment.
- Familiarity with Minnesota’s health and human service system or a desire to learn.
Candidates must submit the following materials:
- Resume (PDF, DOC, or DOCX)
- Cover letter (PDF, DOC, or DOCX)
Please upload application materials using this link: https://mssasubmissions.secure-platform.com/a/. You must create an account to upload information, or if you are currently a member of MSSA, you will need to log in to your account.
Finalist candidates will be asked to submit two (2) marketing samples (such as graphics, newsletters or blog posts, webpages, ads, etc. Samples can include previous work created for either professional or personal use, and submissions can include files or URLs.). Finalist candidates will also be asked to submit two (2) professional references.
Applications will be accepted until July 13, 2022, and interviews will begin in late July.
BIPOC applicants are encouraged to apply.